What Changed in July 2014
Saturday 5 July 2014
- Fixed (pre-release) issue 922 which reported that the start place got lost on returning to the edit page
- Fixed database editing code to edit the summary places table as well as the master when doing AJAX editing - addresses issue 923
- Added missing code that - through chance - we'd been getting away with for adding and editing navigational notes. Should fix issue 924.
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Because I'm a very nice guy (and to suppress error messages) I've fixed it so that anyone who is insane enough to still be using IE7 can load cruising rings
- Patch to this morning's navnote code
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Sunday 6 July 2014
- Fixed missing place name from discussion of where to turn (issue 912).
- Also fixed bug that was inherent in this although not reported was that it was telling you that you needed to find a winding hole on wateerways as big as the Tidal Thames (in my comment I assumed that the river was mislabelled; it wasn't).
- In doing the above I spotted two other anomalies and fixed these and logged another (issue 926)
- Teeny fix to prevent "<n> none locks" appearing when (for some strange reason) there are locks on tidal waters, seaways etc.
- Made it so that the route is always recalculated when you change options from route output (so if you change the boat size it will advise you on where you can turn).
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- Added "turn round here" to itineraries. I'm deliberately not adding information about where else you can wind - you should have got that right at the route planning stage
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Monday 7 July 2014
- Added "create_detail" definition to history display to fix issue 927.
Friday 11 July 2014
- Added a "download" button to photo display when there is an "original" version of the photo and it is under a Creative Commons license. Completes issue 910
Saturday 12 July 2014
- Added a datestamp to discussions - it's being saved, so why not display it?
- Fixed bug that was duplicating some records - in particular place discussions - issue 928
- Wrote ephemeral program to purge duplicates
→ Release 9.22.15
- Added the ability to delete closed discussions. Not quite what issue 763 was asking for, but close enough. Anything of importance in discussions should be moved to the "user comments" section of the page.
Sunday 20 July 2014
- Some work on improving the wiki editing. Hopefully user-transparent at the moment but to get better for editors soon.
- Fixed a bug that threw an error when a new quotation or historical event was added (and removed duplicates because people thought it had actually failed)
- Tweak for build process (re-order of rsync –exclude-from file) to remove frequently needed manual intervention
- Work to cope with search-engines sending confused name/ID links to the gazetteer
- Added more traps for people trying to do SQL injection attacks (I'd have thought the Ukranians actually had more important things to worry about at the moment than trying to hack CanalPlanAC).
- Added traps for people trying to use quotations to sell handbags
Have you worked out just how much work is being used here to fight back against scum, rather than to improve CanalPlan?(note, in all the above the problem isn't that they are succeeding, but their failed attempts are filling the error logs so I can't see real problems, so I need to weed them out).
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Fixed (pre-release) bug with regeneration of missing linear graphics
Monday 21 July 2014
- More work on wikis (describing the previous changes as well):
- Converged "static" and "help" pages on the same template
- Made the code tighter and more configuration driven
- Converted the edit button (for these with editing rights) to the new style
- You can now delete pages without destroying the contents - just add the string "!DELETED" anywhere in the page title. They will be invisible to users without editing rights and to search engines.
- Converted the buttons on page editing to the new format
- Fixed bug where return from a boat QR code didn't work
→ Release 9.22.16
Thursday 24 July 2014
- Added a trap for short trips with start and end times; they were creating an endless loop
Friday 25 July 2015
- Improvements to photo upload
- Styled selector button to look like the rest
- Restored uploading message with spinner
- Added the ability to tag photos with boats at the time of adding
- A couple of tiny tweaks to make editing this page easier for me!
→ Release 9.22.17