What Changed in March 2014
To Saturday 1 March 2014
- Not quite ready-to-release changes to "nearest" plugin for gazetteer
- "nearest place to turn" added
- message produced on hovering about the route to take is improved, telling you which way to go on this waterway
- hover message fixed when at a junction and so there is no "this waterway"
- click to show these messages if you are on a device with no easy hover mode (such as an iPad)
- Tracked down a timeout that was being caused by routes planned through the Huddersfield Narrow Canal (Standedge Tunnel specifically) which had an empty navigational note. Empty NNs no longer get stuck in an endless loop when rendering
Sunday 2 March 2014
- Pop-up editor for text in gazetteer (places, navigational notes etc) improved to use new buttons
- A "delete" button added to text editing boxes (there's an important difference between an empty navigational note and a deleted one, and it's more elegant just for detail text)
- Work to provide skeleton pages for Steve to put the waterways boat listing into
Saturday 8 March 2014
- Added a "summary" to route output. Reworked code to embed new plugins into options to make it both shorter, clearer and more versatile in support of this (because I want it to appear, by default, at the top).
- Added (thanks to Steve for the code) an opensearch feature which should offer a search mode for - at least - IE, Firefox and Chrome.
- A bit of fiddling around to start to get navigational note edits into the new contributions feed. It needs a lot more work but it's tedious and of low pay-back value.
- Finished the stuff on "nearest" from last Saturday
→ Release 9.22.8 (to beta)
Sunday 9 March 2014
- Added a "return" button to the user page - it's frustrating to go there from a gazetteer page (perhaps to change editing preferences) and not be able to get back again.
To Saturday 15 March 2014
- Work to integrate with boat listing. Made general search find boats - works well with opensearch feature above
→ Release 9.22.8 (to beta)
Sunday 16 March 2014
- Improvements to general search to better handle multiple boats with the same name
- Fixed problem with unescaped & signs in place names in RSS feed (issue 669) and improved the "new contributions" page HTML
→ Release 9.22.8
- Reduced the number of short hits in boat names (it was a bit daft to get "N" for almost every search with an N in it)
- Fixed a bug with four character mixed case searches
- Fixed a major bug in cruising rings that was just terminating the program (why had no-one reported it!)
→ Release 22.214.171.124
Monday 17 March 2014
- Added the ability to link to boats - will be used later for things including photo information.
Tuesday 18 March 2014
- Prevented new photos with dodgy exif data cluttering up the server error log
Monday 24 March 2014
- Added a userkey variable and a callback from login (canalplan_loggedon_callback) to ease boat and main integration
To Saturday 29 March 2014
- You can now exclude waterways from planning that are not on the "excluded by default" list (satisfies the revised issue 856
→ Release 9.22.9 (to beta)
Tuesday 1 April 2014
→ Release 9.22.9