What Changed in May 2016
Monday 2 May 2016
- Added a change to make the "move place" code use the full (marker place) database - I hope this fixes some stray problems (most recently issue 108).
- Enhanced checking for SQL injection attacks (a few too many are still causing extensive searching for place names and causing spurious error reports instead of being tarpitted).
- Pre-release hack to user profile editing to fix bug introduced by improved JSON parsing to get round issue 109.
Tusday 3 May 2016
- One small further improvement to JSON parsing and nasty tweaks for old stuff removed - this properly fixes issue 109.
- Changed label on button to edit the profile
- Hid waterway authority editing code as it's not quite ready yet
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Saturday 14 May 2016
- PDF generation was still using the old timing values, and accumulating significant rounding errors over the course of a day. This was the cause of issue 112.
- While examining PDF output I got frustrated with it and improved (IMO at least!) the spacing and font-sizes for several of the pages.
- I made several internal tidyups of the HTML generation code as well
- Russian SQL injections were targetting the session ID as well. Now, instead of purging it of inappropriate characters, I tarpit if it contains them.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Several improvements and fixes to the code that generates waterway outlines in the background.
- Added tips for places/waterways/features on menu
- Upgraded to wkhtmltox version 0.12.3 (release of 20 Jan 2016)
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Improved the "hours per day" messages in route planning as suggested in issue 116
- Tidied up the file structure for PDF generation
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Pulled all the macros out of the common/header.cst into a new macros file. Not the full refactoring suggested in issue 26 but a significant improvement.
Friday 20 May 2016
- When trying to solve issue 117 the problem of the appropriate national units not being used for distances I discovered that the (expensive) code to set waterway locale was being called for every excluded waterway at every run of the program. Avoiding this (and only using it to add names for display on the options screen) not only makes things more efficient, it cures the bug (because the units get set from the first waterway loaded).
Saturday 21 May 2016
- By a small tweak I restored termini maps to furthest place and waterways to the furthest place map there as well.
- Added code to make markers on the furthest place maps come to the front and change colour when the place name is hovered over - makes finding them easier (especially if your trip ends in Birmingham where there are many options of about the same length).
- Improved summary output when fixed length with start and end times.
- Fixed day calculation for furthest place in response to issue 121.
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Sunday 22 May 2016
- Fixed bug introduced yesterday that broke some route planning. Sorry!
- Improvements to background graphic recalculation: old cached values won't cause errors in log now
→ Release 220.127.116.11