What Changed in March 2017
Sunday 5 March 2017
- Expanding on the suggestion in issue 133 I've added a count of swing bridges, underbridges etc, and a breakdown of the distances on the types of waterway to daily totals. Through the power of inclusion I've added to both the planned route output (in the totals) and to the Itinerary (at the head of each day).
→ Release 9.29.5
Big tidy up of issues, including partial triage of issues left open when the old bug tracker was closed.
Saturday 11 March 2017
- When fixing issue 246 (a longstanding one imported from the old bug list) I realised that the code to handle OS Grid references was repeated half a dozen times across the code base with various amounts of error checking. I've created a coupe of new ways of doing it, with the combined error checking and changed all instances to use this.
- Fixed a way that "furthest place" could time out, and improved error reporting and checking there.
- Removed PNG option for linear maps. All browsers making any reasonable use of the site can now support SVGs.
- Fixed ancient bug where the label for "Show camera" didn't toggle the checkbox.
- Changed adverts to use protocol relative URLs as an early easy step to https migration
→ Release 9.29.6
Sunday 12 March 2017
- Enhanced lat/lng to cope with string values - we were getting errors in the API when it had read the values straight from the database
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Fixed bug with furthest place sometimes failing in the new error trapping
- Lots of tweaks to get a lot closer to having the beta index page working properly under https.
Sunday 26 March 2016
- As suggested in issue 263, have built a system to make it easy to associate help pages with parts of the program. Have made the logo display on all pages as part of this.
→ Release 9.29.7
Wednesday 29 March 2017
- Fixed HTML problem with the display of "empty gazetteer" pages with help files (pre-release)
Thursday 30 March 2017
- Made "quickest" route take "NEVER" preference into account but no others
- Added a banner to the preferences screen so that the logo wasn't breaking the layout
- Added a message to preferences to tell people that creating an account would let them save their settings (prompted by a discussion at our moorings)
- Added page reference code to pages with banners as well as those with menus
Friday 31 March 2017
- Removed empty space for map from waterways gazetteer entry page which has no map
→ Release 18.104.22.168